The first visit is all ABOUT you!
Our priority is your health and wellness. The doctor is going to sit down with you and listen to your concerns. We want to know everything you can tell us about your condition.
We will then do an examination and if necessary, a set of x-rays, to learn as much as possible about your condition. We will study your health history and tests and determine what will be best for you.
Depending on schedule and availability, the doctor will then meet with you later that day or the next day, and go over the findings of your examination.
We will explain what kind of care you need and if chiropractic is what you need. If you need to be referred to other specialist or if you need something other than what we provide – we will explain and recommend your best options.
If we can help you – we will tell you what kind of care you need to achieve your desired health and wellness.
By the end of this report you will enjoy the confidence that comes from knowing what is causing your health concerns and what it will take to get to the solution. No treatments will begin until you understand what is being recommended and ready to start care.
Download, Print, Fill out:
If you are new to our office:
NEW PATIENT HEALTH HISTORY FORM
If you recently had a car wreck:
You have the right to rescind within seventy-two (72) hours any obligation to pay for services performed the same day, in addition to any free or discounted services.
First Visit's Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I need a referral from my doctor?
Nope. Doctors of Chiropractic are primary care providers just like Medical Doctors and Doctors of Osteopaths. You don't need a referral to see us; come in anytime. According to the Center for Studies in Health Policy, "Doctors of Chiropractic (DC) can provide all three levels of primary care interventions and therefore is a primary care provider, as are MDs and DOs. The doctor of chiropractic is a gatekeeper to the health care system and an independent practitioner who provides primary care services."
Do you accept my insurance?
We accept patients who use most insurance companies such as Humana, Anthem BlueCross Blue Shields, Medicare, Aetna, Cigna, and many others. Bring your insurance card and your picture ID and as a courtesy, we can call and verify the coverage for you. We do NOT accept Workers' Compensation nor Disability Determination cases.
I found out you are not in my network?
Many insurance companies (PPOs) allow their members to go to providers that are out of the network. This is called out-of-network benefits. Many people take advantage of this regularly to use doctors that they personally prefer to see, instead of being restricted to only the doctors in the network.
I don't have any health insurance or chiropractic coverage.
We are here to help people NOT to help insurance companies. You need help, we can help you. More and more people are working and living without any insurance coverage or they have high deductible (over $500, $2,500, etc.). Almost half of the practice members that come here regularly don't have any insurance or have high deductible. Many people take advantage of their company's Health FLEX account, check if your company have one and use it before the end of the year so you don't forfeit it. The tax deductible Health Savings Account is also becoming a popular option to set aside money for health purchases (dentist, chiropractic visits, eye exams, etc). We accept cash, personal check, money order, FLEX card, VISA, MasterCard, Discover cards, as well. Talk to us.
I don't have a babysitter?
No problem. Babies and kids are VIPs here :). There's a Kids Korner area where toddlers and kids can play with our kids-approved train set, kids story books, etc. You may even see several other kids and babies during your visits.
I got in a car accident recently, what do I need to bring?
If you plan to file a personal injury case through your auto insurance, during your first visit you must bring with you the Police Report of the Accident, the Claim Number from your auto insurance company, your photo ID, and this Personal Injury Form that you need to click, download, print, and fill out BEFORE your appointment.
1. Bring your PICTURE ID + insurance card if you have one. As a courtesy, we can call and verify your coverage.
2. People with appointments have higher priority than people who walk-in without an appointment. So, call us ahead of time at (502) 839-7171 to schedule your AND your family members' appointments
3. We have a ZERO BALANCE POLICY. Payments are expected at the time of service.
4. If you recently have had x-rays, MRI, or CT scans taken, please bring the written radiology report. If you don't have this, call your doctor's office and have them fax the written x-ray/MRI/CT report to (502) 517-4754.
5. If you are in severe pain or incapacitated, weak, have bouts of dizziness or vertigo, please have someone else drive you to our office and back to your home afterwards for your own safety.
6. If your paperwork is all filled out BEFORE you step into our office, your First Visit will take less than an hour, depending on your condition, ability to walk/move, complexity of your case, and whether the doctor recommends some adjunctive therapies to relieve your symptoms, etc.
7. Wear simple clothing. For x-ray purposes, we will ask you to remove metal objects from your body or clothes such as belt buckle, most bras with wires and hooks, earrings, necklace, piercings (tongue, belly button, etc.), jeans with metallic decorations, shirts with metallic prints or emblem, etc. So, to save you time and hassle, avoid wearing too many metal items.
Click HERE to go back to MAIN PAGE.
Click HERE to READ TESTIMONIALS SUCCESS STORIES
Click HERE to read more about PRENATAL CHIROPRACTIC CARE
Why do KIDS NEED CHIROPRACTIC CARE?
Can chiropractic helps with ASTHMA, MIGRAINE, HEADACHES, SCIATICA, etc.?